- Crackle, Inc. is a multi-platform video entertainment network and studio that distributes full length, uncut, movies, TV shows and original programming in our users’ favorite genres – like comedy, action, crime, horror, Sci-Fi, and thriller. Crackle's channels and shows reach a global audience across the Internet, in the living room, and on devices including a broad range of Sony electronics.
- To join Crackle, click on the 'Register' button on the top right corner of any page. Enter all required information into the form and click the 'JOIN' button. You will then receive a confirmation email. You must click on the provided link in that email in order to confirm your email address and activate your account. Click here if you never received the confirmation email.
- You must be a member of Crackle to view your profile page. If you are not a member of Crackle yet, click 'Register' in the top navigation, on the right, and register. If you are a member, you must first sign in by clicking on ‘Sign In’ in the top navigation, on the right on any of the pages. Once you are signed in, click on your name in the top right corner of any page, and you can begin editing.
- Nope. Everything on Crackle is free to watch.
- Content on Crackle is best viewed under the following conditions:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 3 and Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22 or above
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Macintosh OS X
- I never received the confirmation email.
- I forgot my password. How can I retrieve it?
- How can I change my email settings?
- How can I change my password?
- I’m having trouble logging in.
- While signing up, I’m having trouble entering my birth date.
- How can I subscribe to/unsubscribe from the Crackle Newsletter?
- How can I de-activate/cancel/remove my account?
- How do I re-activate my account?
- When you register, a confirmation email is sent immediately to your email inbox. If it doesn't arrive, it may be because
a) your spam filter inadvertently tagged it as spam - please check your spam folder, or
b) you misspelled your email address during registration -please try registering again.
If you believe that you put in your email address correctly and have not received your confirmation email yet, please let us know through our feedback page.
- Go to any of our pages and click on the 'Sign In' button in the upper right corner. Click on 'Forgot your password?' and enter your email address in the provided field. Your password will be emailed to you immediately. If you do not receive your password in 48 hours, please contact us through our feedback page.
- Login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Under "Your Profile" on the left side, click "Manage Profile," and adjust your email settings in the space provided. From here you can change the email address that you have associated with your Crackle account, or choose to receive the Crackle Newsletter or Comment Alerts. Be sure to hit 'SAVE' after making changes.
- Login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Under "Your Profile" on the left side, click "Manage Profile," and adjust your password in the space provided. Type in your current password followed by your new password twice and click the ‘SAVE’ button.
- Please try having your password emailed to you (instructions here). To ensure accuracy, cut and paste the password into your browser. If you can still not login, please contact us on our feedback page, explain the steps you have taken, and we can reset your password.
- Please make sure your Flash is updated. Parts of our site do not properly appear without it. You can check on your version here.
- Login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Under "Your Profile" on the left side, click "Manage Profile," and select, or deselect, the emails you want to receive.
- We’re sorry to see you go! To de-activate your account, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Under "Your Profile" on the left side, click "Manage Profile" and scroll down to the ‘Account Status’ section. Set the account status to ‘Deactivate’ and then click the ‘SAVE’ button.
- If you want to use the same email address you previously registered with, contact us through our feedback page letting us know you would like to re-register. Otherwise, you can just join again through the standard registration process.
- Step One: Make sure your computer is running the highest version of Flash. The Flash site will tell you what version you have here. Flash is free and easy to download. Our videos do not play properly without the most recent version of Flash.
- Step Two: Make sure you are using one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer version 7, Internet Explorer version 8, and Firefox version 3. If your browser is not on the list, we do not provide support. Please use a browser listed above to watch Crackle’s content. We recommend upgrading to the highest version of your chosen browser for optimal viewing.
- Step Three: Check your connection to the Internet. Crackle supports very high quality video streams, so we require a faster connection than other video sites to properly run our videos. Crackle does not support dial-up connections. If you would like to know your speed, you can go to http://speedtest.net. If your connection is less than 200kbps (kilobytes per second)/0.2mbps (megabytes per second) it will be difficult to watch our videos.
- Step Four: If you are still having issues, contact us through our feedback page. Please provide the following information so we can fix your viewing issue as quickly as possible:
- Type of browser and version you are using (i.e. Internet Explorer 7, or Firefox 3)
- The URL of the video you are having trouble viewing
- What happens exactly (never starts, plays but stream is choppy, goes black, freezes, never comes back from an ad, etc.)
- Hold your mouse over the viewer. Clicking on the rectangular symbol in the bottom right will make the player go to full screen. Press the escape key (Esc) to exit full screen mode. Additionally, you can view our content in a pop-out player by clicking on the box at the top right of the viewing area. Make sure you "allow" this pop-up if you are prompted by your browser.
- Some of our videos are available in higher resolution. Hover your mouse over the viewing area and select your desired quality from the drop down menu. We offer videos in 360p and 480p. Please keep in mind that due to its higher quality, you may have to give the video extra time to load. We thank you for your patience.
- Either that content was never produced in higher quality, or we don’t currently have access to the content in that resolution. Please be assured that we are doing our best to bring you our content in the highest quality possible.
How can I watch a video in full screen?
How can I watch a video in a higher resolution?
Why isn’t this movie or show available in a higher resolution?
Why do I have to download the Widevine plug-in?
Embedding and Downloading Videos
- Embedding of our Originals, Minisodes, Full-Length Television and Feature Films is allowed.
- To embed a video, hover over the viewing area and click "Embed" in the top right corner. Copy the embed code, then paste where embedding is allowed.
- To remove a video you have embedded, login to the service where you posted the video and remove the HTML code for the video. After you save the changes the video will no longer display.
- Crackle does not allow our videos to be downloaded, but we’re glad you’re enjoying our content! You are welcome to send our videos to your friends. You can do this by placing your mouse over the player on any video and clicking on share in the top right corner. You can also select "Share" below the video to send a video to your favorite social network.
Can I embed Crackle videos?
How can I embed a video?
How can I delete videos I have embedded?
Can I download Crackle content?
Editing Your Profile
- To edit your account information, login to Crackle in the top right corner of any page. Then click on your name, then 'Edit' in the middle of the page. You can also edit your profile by clicking on "Manage Profile" on the left hand side of your profile page.
- To change the image on your profile, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Click on 'Manage Profile' on the left hand side, then "add/edit image." Choose your new picture from your computer. Keep in mind that the photo must be appropriate, and that the photo will be cropped to make it 55W x 55H pixels.
- To change your username, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Click on ‘Manage Profile’ on the left hand side, change the name in the ‘Username’ field and click on SAVE.
How can I edit my account information?
How can I upload or change my profile picture?
How can I change my username?
Personalizing Your Experience
- Can I create a list of favorite videos?
- Where can I find the videos I added to my Favorites List?
- What is a Viewing History and where can I find it?
- How do I empty my viewing history?
- What is a watchlist?
- How do I add the videos I am watching to a new watchlist?
- How do I create a watchlist?
- Where can I find my watchlist?
- How can I delete a video from my watchlist?
- What is Safe Search Filter?
- Yes. Make sure you are logged in. Click on the ‘+ watchlist’ link underneath the video player to add the currently playing video to your list of favorites. You must be a registered Crackle member in order to add a video to your queue.
- Login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Then click on 'My Watchlist'.
- If you are a Crackle member, we keep a list of the previous 300 videos you have watched. This list is called ‘History’ and can be found by clicking on your name in the top right corner of any page, then clicking on ‘History’ under YOUR PROFILE.
- To empty your History, clicking on your name in the top right corner of any page, then clicking on ‘History’ under YOUR PROFILE. On the top right corner of MY HISTORY, click on the 'Empty Watchlist' link.
- A watchlist is a list of videos you can create in order to save or watch at another time.
- Click on '+ watchlist' underneath the player of any video. From here you can either create a brand new watchlist or add to an existing one.
- To create a watchlist, first find a video you would like to have in your new watchlist. Then click on '+ watchlist'.
- Login to Crackle and then click on your profile name in the top right corner of any page.
- Login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page, then click on ‘watchlists’. From there you can select "Remove Video" and the video will be removed from your watchlist.
Can I log in to Crackle with my Facebook credentials?
Yes, you can use your Facebook log in to sign in to Crackle. You can also create a free Crackle account by clicking "Register" on the top right corner of any page.
What can I share when I sign in to Crackle with Facebook?
When you sign in to Crackle with your Facebook log in, you will be able to seamlessly share your Crackle experience on Facebook. When you turn Social on, you'll be sharing what you’ve watched, liked, shared, commented on, rated, and added to your watchlist.
What is the Social button?
The Social button is in the upper right hand corner of every page. When Social is on, your watch, share, like, comment, rate, and add to My Watchlist activities will be shared on Facebook. When Social is off, only the Crackle activity you choose to share will be visible on Facebook.
What is the "remind me" option?
When Social is on, you can choose to be reminded every time your watch activity will be shared. Simply select the "Remind me every time my watch activity is posted" option from the Social button dropdown. When the remind option is checked, you will be reminded in the player that your watch activity will be posted to Facebook. You will also have the option to remove the post at this time. When the remind option is not checked, you will not receive reminder notifications in the player but your activity will be posted to Facebook.
How can I leave a comment?
You must be signed in with Facebook to leave a comment.
How can I stop Social sharing?
There are a few ways to stop sharing. You can turn the Social button off or you can log out. If you no longer wish to sign in to Crackle with your Facebook log in, you can go to your Facebook account and remove the Crackle application from your profile.
What are subscriptions?
Our subscribe function is a way for our users to receive updates when new content has been added to a particular show or movie. Users' subscriptions will appear on their profile page under ‘Subscriptions’ and users can choose to receive email notifications to any new videos in that channel.
How do I subscribe?
To subscribe to a video, make sure you are logged in. Then go to the video’s page. Underneath the player, you will see a button that says "Subscribe." After clicking that button, you will be subscribed to all updates related to that video. You can now access your subscriptions simply by clicking on your user profile page, then 'Subscriptions.'
How do I cancel email notifications about my subscribed shows or movies?
To unsubscribe, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page, then click on ‘Subscriptions’. Select ‘Off’ within the email notifications section.
How do I unsubscribe?
To unsubscribe from any of your shows, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page, then click on ‘Subscriptions’. Click ‘Unsubscribe’ within the subscription section you want to remove.
- The full Crackle library can be found on our free Crackle app in the iOS App Store as well as the Android Market.
- Select Crackle content is currently available on Sprint TV, T-Mobile TV, Verizon VCAST, and VuClip.
Getting Started on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Requires an iPad Wi-Fi or iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (Running iOS 4.0 or above)
- For more information about upgrading to iOS 4, go here
- Requires an iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS (Running iOS 4.0 or above)
- For help identifying which iPhone model you own, visit Apple's site here
- For more information about upgrading to iOS 4, go here
- Requires a 3rd or 4th Generation iPod touch (Running iOS 4.0 or above)
- For help identifying which model iPod touch you own, visit Apple's site here
- For more information about upgrading to iOS 4, go here
Downloading the Crackle App
- You can download the app from the Apple App Store by following this link.
- Alternatively, you can follow these steps to find it in the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch:
- Go to your Home Screen
- Tap the App Store icon
- Go to Search, and type Crackle
- Tap the Crackle icon
- Tap the Free button, then confirm by tapping Install
- When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to complete the download
iPad, iPod and Mobile Devices
TV and Set-Top Boxes
- Crackle is currently available on the following Sony devices: Blu-Ray Player, Bravia TV, Dash, Internet TV, Network Media Player, Streaming Player and PlayStation 3. Crackle is also available through Boxee, Google TV, Logitech Revue, Roku, Sezmi, Tivo, Verizon FiOS and Xbox.
- Crackle has select programming available on Google Chrome, Hulu, YouTube and other partners.
- Check out our Platforms page for more information.
Video Issues on PS3 Browser
- For better video playback on your PS3 browser we recommend you:
- Close all other PS3 browser windows.
- Use the L3 button (left joystick) to bring up the window list.
- Press the triangle button to bring up the Window Control menu.
- Select "Close All Other Windows".
- Select the Crackle browser window to return to it.
- Press the triangle button, again, and select View.
- Set the View back to “Maximum Size.”
What are your Terms of service?
View our Terms of Service.
I was banned. Why?
When a user violates our Terms of Service, the user is banned from Crackle. If you feel you were banned by mistake, please let us know through our feedback page.
Certain content is available with closed captioning. To turn on closed captioning, click the closed captioning icon located in the video player, as indicated by the arrow in the image below:
Does Crackle have closed captioning?
- For issues regarding closed captioning, please contact:
Tracey L. Freed
10202 W. Washington Blvd., SPP 1127b
Culver City, CA 90232
Tel: (310) 244-8313
Fax: (310) 244-2182
- Why do you have commercials?
- Can I submit a show to Crackle?
- What are Crackle’s international restrictions?
- Can I get a job with Crackle?
- Where can I suggest movies or television shows I’d like to see on Crackle?
- What happened to the iTunes Penn Says RSS feed?
- Whose player does Crackle use?
- Why did a Crackle movie get replaced with clips from the movie?
- We currently run commercials on our content to ensure that Crackle’s service remains free to you.
- It is Crackle’s policy not to accept unsolicited material. We do this to protect both you and our company. All content requests must be submitted to Crackle via your agency representation.
- Some content on Crackle is available in Canada, the UK and Australia. All of Crackle’s content is available in the US (not including US territories). Outside the above mentioned countries, Crackle’s content is not available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Crackle is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, and we are based in Culver City, California. All available Sony jobs are listed here.
- You are welcome to contact us through our feedback page with your suggestions. Our customer service team will make sure to add your suggestions to the list of requested content. Please keep in mind that while you are free to suggest any movie or show and we will add it to the list, we generally only stream content owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment. This includes productions by Columbia Pictures, Tri Star Pictures, Sony Pictures Classics, and Screen Gems.
- Our own! :-)
- When we put a movie on our site, we stream it for a certain window of time. When that window closes, we keep the clips so that you can still enjoy some scenes, and additionally, it leaves the channel open for when the movie window opens again.
Why do you have commercials?
Can I submit a show to Crackle?
What are Crackle’s international restrictions?
Can I get a job with Crackle?
Where can I suggest movies or television shows I’d like to see on Crackle?
Whose player does Crackle use?
Why did a Crackle movie get replaced with clips from the movie?