- Crackle, Inc. is a free to use multi-platform video entertainment network of full length movies, TV shows and original programming.
- It’s easy, just click the “Register” link and enter your information or even easier sign up with your Facebook account.
- On the PC, go to http://www.crackle.com
- Click on the 'Register' button on the top right corner of any page.
- Enter all required information into the form and click the 'JOIN' button.
- You will then receive a confirmation email. You must click on the provided link in that email in order to confirm your email address and activate your account.
- If you never received the confirmation email, please contact Customer Support here
- Sign in to your crackle account then click on your name in the top right corner of any page, and you can begin editing.
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Firefox 3 and Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22 or above
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Macintosh OS X
- We are always adding/exchanging new and exciting content for our viewers.
- To retrieve a forgotten password click the “Forgot Password” link on the sign in page.
- Once signed into your account users can access their settings to update their email or account setting. Once logged in users can also change their password as well.
- To de-activate your account, login to Crackle and click on your name in the top right corner of any page. Under "Your Profile" on the left side, click "Manage Profile" and scroll down to the ‘Account Status’ section. Set the account status to ‘Deactivate’ and then click the ‘SAVE’ button. If you have de-activated your account and need to reactivate please click the Customer Service link and provide your details to our CS team via email.
- Crackle is a completely free service and does not charge any users to view its content. If you are being charged on your credit card it is not coming from us!! Please contact your credit card company immediately to dispute the charges.
How do I activate my CTV device?
You may activate Crackle on your CTV device by entering a four-digit activation code at http://www.crackle.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
Where do I get the activation code?
There are a number of options to retrieve an activation code:
- When you open the Crackle app, you may be presented with a popup that contains your unique 4-digit activation code, or…
- You can retrieve an activation code by selecting the “My Crackle” option on the Global Navigation bar and clicking on the “Activation” button, or
- Open the Crackle app and navigate to Watchlists on the Global Navigation.
Where do I enter the activation code?
- On your computer, sign in to your Crackle account. If you don’t have a Crackle account, you can create one here.
- Go to http://www.crackle.com/activate, enter the 4-digit Activation Code and click the orange Activate button.
- Your device will now be listed in the Manage Your Devices section of your profile.
What do I do if the code I entered doesn’t work?
- Close out of the Crackle app.
- Reopen the Crackle app and navigate to your Watchlist or History.
- Once Crackle generates a new 4-digit Activation Code, enter the code on your computer at http://www.crackle.com/activate and click the orange Activate button.
Why do I need to activate?
- Activation is used in place of traditional login (with a Crackle username/password) on several CTV devices (including Apple TV, PlayStation and others).
- Activation grants Users access to Crackle’s suite of personalized features, such as My Watchlist, parental controls, history, etc.
- Activation allows Users to carry their Watchlists with them across all activated devices.
If you are still unable to activate your device, please contact us through our feedback page.
Which Connected TV and/or Smart TV devices is Crackle available on?
- The free Crackle app is available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Samsung Connected TV, LG Connected TV, Visio Connected TV, Bravia Connected TV, Toshiba Connected TV, Fire TV and Chromecast. Our free app is also available for Samsung Blu-ray players, LG Blu-ray players and Sony Blu-ray players.
- You can learn more about supported devices here.
- The full Crackle library can be found on our free Crackle app available in the iOS App Store as well as both the Amazon and Android Markets. It is also available for both Windows Phones and Blackberry devices.
- Select Crackle content is currently available on Sprint TV, T-Mobile TV, Verizon VCAST, and VuClip.
- You can learn more about supported devices here.
- Make sure your computer is running the latest version of flash.
- Make sure you are using one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer version 7, Internet Explorer version 8, and Firefox version 3.
- Check your connection to the Internet. Crackle supports very high quality video streams, so we require a faster connection than other video sites to properly run our videos. If you would like to know your speed, you can go to http://speedtest.net. If your connection is less than 200kbps (kilobytes per second)/0.2mbps (megabytes per second) it will be difficult to watch our videos.
- If you are still having issues, contact us through our feedback page. You will be prompted to provide some information about your account so we can better assist you.
Personalizing Your Experience
- Once logged in click on 'My Watchlist'. A watchlist is a list of videos you can create in order to save or watch at another time. To add videos click on '+ watchlist' underneath the player of any video. To remove videos from your list select "Remove Video" and the video will be removed from your watchlist.
Certain content is available with closed captioning. To turn on closed captioning, click on the gear icon located on the bottom of the video player, as indicated by the arrow in the image below, and click on. The closed captioning is set to off by default. To change caption settings, click options. A caption settings form will pop up and allow you to adjust the font and the size of the caption. Once the changes have been made in the caption settings form, click done to apply the changes.
For issues regarding closed captioning, please contact:
Senior Vice President
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Tel: (310) 244-5095
Fax: (310) 244-2182
- Users can sign in to crackle with their Facebook account and share their favorite videos or leave comments about content they have viewed. When you turn Social on, you'll be sharing what you’ve watched, liked, shared, commented on, rated, and added to your watchlist.
What is the Social button?
- The Social button is in the upper right hand corner of every page. When Social is on, your watch, share, like, comment, rate, and add to My Watchlist activities will be shared on Facebook. When Social is off, only the Crackle activity you choose to share will be visible on Facebook. If you decide you do not wish to share any longer just simply turn off the “Social” button.
- Our subscribe function is a way for our users to receive updates when new content has been added to a particular show or movie. Users' subscriptions will appear on their profile page under ‘Subscriptions’ and users can choose to receive email notifications to any new videos in that channel. These subscriptions can be managed in “Subscriptions” tab when logged in.
I cannot access R / TV MA rated content.
- If you are using any of the following devices, the inability to access R content is due to parental controls being enabled on your account. Simply navigate to your account settings and toggle the parental controls option to ‘Off’
Kindle Fire HD
Amazon Fire TV
- View our Terms of Service.
- When a user violates our Terms of Service, the user is banned from Crackle. If you feel you were banned by mistake, please let us know through our feedback page.
Why do you have commercials?
- We currently run commercials on our content to ensure that Crackle’s service remains free to you.
Where can I suggest movies or television shows I’d like to see on Crackle?
You are welcome to contact us through our feedback page with your suggestions